httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r...@imdb.com (Rob Hartill)
Subject more suexec problems... (fwd)
Date Sat, 21 Dec 1996 01:17:12 GMT

not acked,

----- Forwarded message from Shadow -----

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 16:14:03 -0800 (PST)
From: Shadow <shadow@worldone.com>
To: apache-bugs@apache.org
Subject: more suexec problems...

I came accross an interesting problem with the suexec code... I think I
have a temporary fix in place, but it would take some research on the
apache code base to find out whether or not it's the correct answer :)

On line 513 of util_script.c, there is a call to execle which appears to
be incorrectly handled...  When suexec is called by a URL such as
http://www.worldone.com/~user/<script>, suexec recieves an argument for
the script name that is garbled; after tracing it through the code, I
found that it's fine up until this execle call, where apparently it is lost.

(the specific variable in question is argv0).

By changing the execle call to match the one a couple of lines up, it
seems to work.

Again, not sure if this is the correct solution, but it may be of some
help.  Now to fix more stuff in suexec.c itself *g* :)

It appears that suexec is a little inconsistant on handling user
directories, unless I'm not understanding something about them...

--Shadow

*..__--<< You know something's up when your Thought process is idle. >>--__..*

USER       PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ  RSS TTY      S    STARTED         TIME COMMAND
shadow   28365  0.0  0.2 2.84M 264K ttyp1    S    12:57:12     0:00.02 Thought

Steven M. Doyle, President, World One Telecommunications
	         Webmaster, Decade Communications
		 IRC Administrator, los-angeles.ca.us.undernet.org

----- End of forwarded message from Shadow -----

--
Rob Hartill.       Internet Movie Database Ltd.    http://www.imdb.com/