httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: Document describing AOL problems
Date Fri, 20 Dec 1996 22:43:23 GMT
> On Fri, 20 Dec 1996, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> > > Randy and I have written a document detailing the AOL problems.  I intend to
> > > send notification of this document to www-talk and http-wg, in addition to
some
> > > contacts at HotWired, and posting it on the Apache web site.  Others here have
> > > press contacts they may want to exercise.  I'd like some comments upon the
> > > document before we send it, however;  please respond by 4pm PST if you can,
> > > I'll take the comments and send it out around 5pm.
> >
> > I'd like to see the actual BrowserMatch "code" included...
>
> The right solution is still being formulated by Ed and Randy, one which
> involves as little apache code manipulation as possible and yet doesn't affect
> any other features.  When we get that working it can be posted.  Perhaps we can
> mention we're working on a fix, but I really would want it to only exist as a
> patch and not as a part of the core code.
>
> 	Brian

Yes. I've purposefully not sent any code to the list since I would
prefer that AOL is made to comply. If this does not turn around in
the short term, then I am sure we can come up with a simple fix.

I'm currently running a 2 line change and using BrowserMatchNoCase.
I don't have the issue of authentication to deal with which seems
to be the complication for Ed.