httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject AOL == problem
Date Thu, 19 Dec 1996 23:50:11 GMT

Actually, I have found some other info after signing up for AOL this morn...

The proxies seem to be caching the error message for the failed URL
indefinitely. I was finding that requests for a page through their
browser _never_ hit our server. If I requested the same document without
.html, it would successfully retrieve it. Proof? The only difference
now is that the server is sending HTTP/1.0 to the proxy for AOL.

I've been playing expiry games through the day, and have gotten most
of this customers content accessible again. However some pages appear
doomed.