httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: Trouble with Location/SetHandler
Date Thu, 19 Dec 1996 21:35:40 GMT
Alexei Kosut wrote:

>On Thu, 19 Dec 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:
>
>> Can Alias be made to trigger only from inside the <Location> ?
>
>It doesn't matter - this problem has nothing to do with Alias.

No ?, then how does Apache know where the scripts to be printed are ?

The Alias maps the URL to a file, so if <Location > prevents or can
be made to prevent the mapping, then a ///foo request won't match
anything in the conf file. Only if <Location> is acted upon will
(in my theory/proposal) the Alias be expanded.

See what I mean ?

That way the CGI triggering <Location > would  use Alias to find the
directory of the URL, at which point <Location > has forced the
contents to be treated as CGI.

Basically, this 404 rejects URLs with //s in them unless they match the
<Location > argument.

rob