httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "James H. Cloos Jr." <cl...@jhcloos.com>
Subject Config file `programming language'
Date Thu, 19 Dec 1996 17:15:36 GMT
I was thinking about the earlier discussions about creeping featurism
in the conf syntax leading to the ad hoc creation of a full blown
programming language -- and the obvious pitfalls thereof -- this
morning.  Especially for places that have lots of virtual servers,
macros in the conf files would be a big win.

But why re-implement the proverbial wheel?

What do ppl think of an option to run the conf file (presumably
excluding htaccess files) through m4(1)?

That would certainly provide me with everything I need -- or at least
that I can think of. :)

Obviously a post 1.2 change, but if I don't suggest it now I'll
probably forget about it....

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr.         <URL:http://www.jhcloos.com/~cloos/>