httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@osf.org>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite problems in Makefile.tmpl
Date Wed, 18 Dec 1996 04:10:43 GMT
Rob Hartill <robh@imdb.com> wrote:

> Randy Terbush wrote:
> >
> >> Looks like there is a dependency in the Makefile.tmpl for
> >> mod_rewrite.h: regexp/regex.h
> >>
> >> This definitely breaks compiles on my systems. Can this just
> >> be removed from the template file?
> >
> >I am wrong here. The problem is in the Makefile.tmpl that
> >mod_perl slammed down on top of my Makefile.tmpl without
> >telling me..... grrrrr

Well, it asks you if you want to configure against ../apache_x.x,
when you say 'y', then tells you it's copying a Makefile.tmpl
on top of yours, but doesn't tell you it copied your original
to Makefile.tmpl.bak
If you say 'n' to the automagic 'perl Makefile.PL', INSTALL tells
you how to configure and build by hand.
I realize now, not good enough, sorry for the trouble.

oops, now I see, mod_perl's Makfile.tmpl-1.2 is out-of-date, will
be fixed in the next release.

> tee hee.  that's what the "Configure -make" was for   :-)

This is the safest solution, thanks Rob!

-Doug