httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Listen appears to be broken under 1.2bx (fwd)
Date Tue, 17 Dec 1996 23:13:21 GMT

not acked.

----- Forwarded message from Robert J. Lebowitz -----

Sender: lebowitz@daneel.mes.umn.edu
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 16:20:21 -0600
From: "Robert J. Lebowitz" <rlebowitz@mes.umn.edu>
To: apache-bugs@apache.org
Subject: Listen appears to be broken under 1.2bx

I just compiled Apache 1.2b2 and installed it on a Sparc 20 running
SunOS4.1.4.

The machine in question houses three separate web servers, two of which
run as virtual hosts.

Under Apache 1.1.1 I was able to specify that one of the two virtual
hosts should listen at ports 80 and 2400 (this is a backward
compatibility issue from when we used to run different server processes
for the three different servers).  I specified the Listen commands as
follows:

Listen 134.84.162.70:80
Listen 134.84.162.70:2400

Under 1.2bx, the server no longer recognizes requests to port 2400
properly.  Instead, it sends the user to the non virtual host at port
80.

I use the php module in my compilation, but I doubt that this is causing
the problem.

Is there something that has changed in the syntax used with Listen in
the new release?

I also notice that you can't specify a Listen command within a
<virtualhost>...</virtualhost> area.  Listen isn't noted as one of the
commands that you can't use in this area in the documentation, tho you
get an error message back saying its illegal if you try to do so.

Just something I thought I'd pass on.

I've gone back to using 1.1.1 in the interim.... can you help me out??

Rob

----- End of forwarded message from Robert J. Lebowitz -----

--
Rob Hartill.       Internet Movie Database Ltd.    http://www.imdb.com/