httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src CHANGES mod_cgi.c
Date Tue, 17 Dec 1996 22:04:27 GMT
> > Somehow the comment doesn't match the patch.
>
> > >  !                 reset_timeout(r);
> > >  !                 memcpy(dbuf + dbpos, argsbuffer, dbsize);
>
> This patch only got a single +1 so far actually.  The patch fixes two
> problems in mod_cgi.c.  First, it resets the timeout timer so long file
> uploads do not time out, and second, it uses memcpy() instead of strncpy()
> in order to allow binary file uploads.
>
> There was a +1 on the reset_timeout() part from Alexei.  Nobody has
> commented on the strncpy->memcpy change as of yet.  I guess the fact that
> Randy committed it means he +1'ed them.

I had +1'd it as well. I was in to apply some other stuff needing to
be applied and took the liberty. Shoot me. :)

People need to be getting some votes in on this stuff. I know there are
people who have seen these changes that are not commenting. I'm just
trying to keep the process moving by committing some of these more
obvious fixes while I am taking the time to do others.