httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <>
Subject Re: another SunOS4 problem
Date Mon, 16 Dec 1996 21:24:31 GMT
Alexei Kosut liltingly intones:
> I can. I can also point out that all regex.h does is (to use Spencer's
> one, which is actually longer than, for example, the one on HP-UX)
> make 24 defines, define two structs, and prototype three
> functions. Hardly a lot, compared to everything else we include in
> conf.h and assorted files. And the regex library is neccessary to
> Apache - alloc.c, util.c, http_core.c and http_request.c all use it -
> hard to compile Apache without it.
> I guess I just don't see the problem, except that the support programs
> need a real Makefile generated by Configure.
That's ultimately the brute force solution for stuff in the modules subdir
too, but it's easier just to have another CFLAG get pushed down to them,
so they don't change for every config. It seems simpler.

Delayed comment.

Chuck Murcko	N2K Inc.	Wayne PA
And now, on a lighter note:
Pro is to con as progress is to Congress.

View raw message