httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "question regarding suEXEC" on Irix (fwd)
Date Sun, 15 Dec 1996 23:03:33 GMT

not acked

----- Forwarded message from paul@bourke.gen.nz -----

From: paul@bourke.gen.nz
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Sun Dec 15 13:35:44 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "question regarding suEXEC" on Irix

Submitter: paul@bourke.gen.nz
Operating system: Irix, version: 5.3
Version of Apache Used: 1.2b2
Extra Modules used: status
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
First, this is most likely a problem with my understanding rather than a bug.
We have been running Apache for a while, we have numerous virtual
servers running. I welcomed the chance to provide secure CGI capabilities
and installed the suEXEC wrapper. Works great for the vast majority of
the CGI's I've written. However it seems that CGI which make "system()"
calls are failing. For example I occasionally do this to semd email

  sprintf(syscmd,"/usr/sbin/Mail -s \"From %s\" %s < %s\n",argv[0],argv[1],fname);
  system(syscmd);

Why does this fail? How should I send mail from C based CGI's?
Thanks
--

Backtrace:

----- End of forwarded message from paul@bourke.gen.nz -----