httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@n2k.com>
Subject Re: SERVER_VERSION
Date Sun, 15 Dec 1996 16:46:29 GMT
Andrew Wilson liltingly intones:

> > If any of the cvs priv'ed folks +1 this, it can go in I think.
> >
> > (makes the server name defineable from the Configuration/Makefile).
>
> What are you doing this for?  Changing the version of the server
> so's Wiley J. Hacker can't get any clues?

I'm not certain I ever saw a reason; is there one? There was a short
discussion of this, and I seem to remember we weren't going to document
this feature, but I don't remember seeing why it was necessary.

New category: stealth features. 8^)

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
"Die?  I should say not, dear fellow.  No Barrymore would allow such a
conventional thing to happen to him."
		-- John Barrymore's dying words