httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@n2k.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "mod_proxy chokes on netscape "shortcut" URLs" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)
Date Thu, 12 Dec 1996 17:21:48 GMT
Crikey. Oy.

Hey, Rasmus, did we decide after all that folderol to put your patch into
the contrib directory, and deal with this after 1.2 was out? If it's not
there, let's put it there and I'll put a section in the proxy docs for stuff
like this.

'How do I restrict access to my proxy' is another candidate for this section.

Rob Hartill liltingly intones:

> teehee.
>
> not acked.
>
> ----- Forwarded message from jimfl@bnl.gov -----

> From: jimfl@bnl.gov
> To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
> Date: Thu Dec 12  6:37:57 1996
> Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "mod_proxy chokes on netscape "shortcut" URLs" on Solaris
2.x

> Submitter: jimfl@bnl.gov
> Operating system: Solaris 2.x, version:
> Version of Apache Used: 1.2b2
> Extra Modules used: mod_proxy
> URL exhibiting problem: "sun" (Netscape 3.x)
>
> Symptoms:
> --
> When a user gives a netscape "shortcut" url (for
> example "sun" as an abbrev for "http://www.sun.com"
> the proxy claims it can't find the address.
> --
>
> Backtrace:
> --
>
> --
>
> ----- End of forwarded message from jimfl@bnl.gov -----
>
> --
> Rob Hartill.       Internet Movie Database Ltd.    http://www.imdb.com/

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
On Monday mornings I am dedicated to the proposition that all men are
created jerks.
		-- Avery