httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@n2k.com>
Subject Re: longjmp environment no longer available
Date Wed, 11 Dec 1996 03:54:05 GMT
Yes, I have HARD_SERVER_LIMIT at 512, but I also have the following
notable boosters in my kernel config:

maxusers        256
options         SOMAXCONN=256           # max pending connects
options         NMBCLUSTERS=4096        # mbuf clusters to spare!
options         CHILD_MAX=1536          # maximum number of child processes
options         OPEN_MAX=1536           # maximum open fds (breaks RPC svcs)
options         "KMAPENTRIES=1000"      # need more vm_map_entries

Randy Terbush liltingly intones:

> This guy has cranked his HARD_SERVER_LIMIT to 512. Seems that if
> he hasn't also cranked up process table sizes, etc. he is shooting
> himself in the foot.
>
> Anyone here running with those kind of numbers?
>

> > I have not seen this yet on BSDI 2.1 running 6-12 hits/sec against 1.2b2 or
> > b3-dev. I see a number of short term zombie processes, which all get reaped
> > within a short time. No lingering ones.
> >
> > Randy Terbush liltingly intones:
> > >
> > > Anyone ever see the error message in the subject comming from Apache?
> > >
> > > This is _not_ coming from Apache code, but is being reported on a
> > > BSDI user from 1.2b2.  This user originally reported lots of zombied
> > > Apache processes.
> > >

> > chuck
> > Chuck Murcko	N2K Inc.	Wayne PA	chuck@telebase.com
> > And now, on a lighter note:
> > "This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System.  If this had been an
> > actual emergency, do you really think we'd stick around to tell you?"

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
A new dramatist of the absurd
Has a voice that will shortly be heard.