httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: r->status = new->status;
Date Wed, 11 Dec 1996 00:20:43 GMT
Good boy Andrew Wilson wrote:

>I think it would be a good idea if Apache's status as logged was
>the same as was sent to the client.

That's what the original patch and the new one(s) are designed to do.

>I don't think there's any other
>interpretation of return status that would be acceptible to the
>Nbillion people using CLF.

Correct.

>What is the 'before' and 'after' for the default log format string,

%s  is the "original" status (what isn't necessarily sent to the client) (A)
%>s is the "final" status. (B)

Apache 1.1      sends (A),
       1.2b[12] sends (B)  and changes the meaning of %s (breaks it).
All use %s  as the CLF format string.

1.2b3 should (IMO) send (B) and use %>s to do it.

>to accomodate this change?  Would each of the Nbillion users need
>to edit their .conf files accordingly?

Only the Xmillion who want (A) would need to change their config.