httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: QNX
Date Tue, 10 Dec 1996 16:40:23 GMT
Martin Zimmerman wrote:

>The beta 2 version compiles *much* cleaner than the beta 1.  I noticed though
>that someone "optimized" my last set of diffs, especially for util.c and the
>handling of the structure member names being slightly different.  This made
>for a LOT less #ifdef's.
>
>I still has a problem though, QNX's structure members are pointers, not
>index values into the string array, so the following diff is still required
>in order for it to compile (this is to util.c):
>
>256a257,259
>> #ifdef QNX
>>	    strncpy(dst, pmatch[no].rm_so, len);
>> #else
>257a260
>> #endif

Thanks.

>The compiler also picked up two warnings, the first can safely be ignored,
>but the second one *does* look like a bug when I examined the source.
>
>http_main.c(2034): Warning! W107: Missing reutn value for function 'main'

yes, that looks harmless, it'll never get to the end :-)

>http_protocol.c(219): Warning! W105: Assignment found in boolean expression

There's a comment underneath which says:

        /*
         * The (r->chunked = 1) in the above expression is a side-effect
         * that sets the output to chunked encoding if it is not already
         * length-delimited.  It is not a bug, though it is annoying.
         */

>Other than that, it compiles clean on QNX 4.23

great.

cheers,
rob
--