httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: FrontPage Apache module?
Date Tue, 10 Dec 1996 03:24:11 GMT
> I remember a while ago someone mentioning that they rescued the orginal
> non-MS FrontPage server Unix extensions code?  Does this code actually exist?
> Is anybody running the extensions?  A quick summary would be nice.  I am
> going to Microsoft tomorrow to hear their spewage on the matter and I may
> be forced to implement some sort of FrontPage server service for Bell Canada.
> I really would prefer to stay away from NT boxes if at all possible, and
> last time I looked at the MS Unix server extensions they were a nightmare.
>
> -Rasmus

I would be very interested in a summary of what is spewn.

Seems I remember that someone mentioned they had grabbed these
sources before MS got their hands on them, but were unwilling
to give them up. (I think that post was made to the Apache Modules list)

This project coupled with access logging to a database are at the
top of my list.

I quickly took down the FP services shortly after bringing them up
on one of our servers. It was just too scary...