httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Fear <...@pooh.pageplus.com>
Subject mod_include.c patches
Date Sat, 07 Dec 1996 17:12:04 GMT
Here are several patches for mod_include.c to fix recent reports.
I'm not sure how to submit multiple patches to the list and I'm
also not sure just how good patch is, so...  I created the patches
in the order listed and they will apply that way.  I don't know if
one can be skipped and have everything else apply correctly.

1) The patch that I submitted a couple of days ago which recieved
   one +1 and fizzled.  Fixes an ommision that caused include variables
   to not be parsed in config errmsg directives.  Potential
   incompatibilites are the same as the extensions of mod_include
   generally.

2) Patch submitted by Ben Yoshino <ben@wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu>
   to allow backslash quoting of characters that would otherwise
   be taken as value terminators.  Ex:
       <!--exec cmd="echo \"hello, world\"" -->
   Potential incompatibilities only to people who carelessly throw
   around '\'s.

3) Patch to fix the other part of the problem report submitted by
   Ben Yoshino <ben@wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu>.  I took that approach
   outlined in my email this morning and added a flag to parse_string
   to pass the variable name through on the exec cmd directive when
   the variable hasn't been defined.  It will still substitute a
   null value for all other directives.  It will also substitute a
   null value if the variable has been defined with a null value:
      <!--#if expr="$notset" -->   # substitutes null (if fails)
      <!--#exec cmd="echo '$notset'" -->   # echo '$notset'
      <!--#set var="notset" value="" -->
      <!--#exec cmd="echo '$notset'" -->   # echo ''
   I believe that this approach minimizes the potential incompatibilties
   for current ssi and xssi users.

4) Patch to fix compiler warnings reported by perrot@lal.in2p3.fr.
   Changes are cosmetic and shouldn't effect logic.

--
Howard Fear      email1: howard_fear@pageplus.com
                 email2: howard_fear@redcape.com