httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject More on Apache 1.2b1 (fwd)
Date Thu, 05 Dec 1996 22:57:21 GMT
----- Forwarded message from WWW server manager -----

From: WWW server manager <webadm@info.cam.ac.uk>
Subject: More on Apache 1.2b1
To: apache-bugs@apache.org
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 22:27:17 +0000 (GMT)

Firstly, I forgot to note in my last message about problems on Solaris 2
that yes, I can work around the problems (trivial to change -O2 in
Configuration, and I only included mod_expires so I could perhaps try it out).
The message was for information, not because the problems were, um, a problem.

On a different point, trying the server status module in 1.2b1, I noticed
what seemed to be a consistent and irritating difference from 1.1.1. The output
for the current connection (the one requesting the status data) always
lists the client's IP address, whereas it shows hostnames for the others.
1.1.1 seems to be consistent about showing the hostname in all cases. (Of
course, a client without valid reverse lookup in the DNS would be shown as
an address, also if DNS response timed out etc.)

It seems to be specifically a feature of the current request, as the next time
the same data gets formatted with the host name (when it's one of the several
old entries, rather than the current connection's status slot).

Not exactly a problem, it just caught my attention as odd...

                                John Line
--
University of Cambridge WWW manager account (usually John Line)
Send general WWW-related enquiries to webmaster@ucs.cam.ac.uk

----- End of forwarded message from WWW server manager -----