httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@n2k.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Will not link with proxy_module: ld core dumps" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)
Date Thu, 05 Dec 1996 04:40:12 GMT
I suspect he needs more RAM or swap space.

I've written and asked him which compiler he's using. I've successfully built
with the proxy under both gcc 2.6.3 and SC3.0 on Solaris 2.5 (just a few
moments ago). I did, however, notice that my patch from 9 Oct adding -lresolv
for SOCKS builds was not in Configure. I'll add it again momentarily.

I built both with and without SOCKS4, BTW.

I also uncovered the following warnings using SC3.0:

"http_config.c", line 604: warning: \a is ANSI C "alert" character

"mod_include.c", line 1060: warning: end-of-loop code not reached
"mod_include.c", line 1165: warning: end-of-loop code not reached

Rob Hartill liltingly intones:

> One for Chuck..
>
> ----- Forwarded message from G.Lachac@dialogic.com -----

> From: G.Lachac@dialogic.com
> To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
> Date: Wed Dec  4 17:42:05 1996
> Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Will not link with proxy_module:  ld core dumps" on Solaris
2.x

> Submitter: G.Lachac@dialogic.com
> Operating system: Solaris 2.x, version:
> Version of Apache Used: 1.2 Beta 1
> Extra Modules used: mod_proxy
> URL exhibiting problem:
>
> Symptoms:
> --
> If mod_proxy is not configured, httpd compiles
> and links fine.
>
> If mod_proxy is configured in, the linker
> (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) will core dump.  This will
> happen under both Solaris 2.4 and 2.5
> --
>
> Backtrace:
> --
>
> --
>
> ----- End of forwarded message from G.Lachac@dialogic.com -----

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Ask your boss to reconsider -- it's so difficult to take "Go to hell"
for an answer.