httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@n2k.com>
Subject couple of suggestions as we proceed
Date Wed, 04 Dec 1996 14:57:52 GMT
Two thing come to mind, and I'm just throwing them out for thought before
I get busy again and forget them:

1) The late, great Ptime field in mod_status could be done using a pair of
   gettimeofday() calls and some arithmetic. Maybe more portable.

2) We've *never* profiled or tuned Apache. At least, no one's reported doing
   it, so we probably don't know *all* the hot spots in the core server.
   Might be an interesting sideline for someone as we go towards 1.2.1+ or 2.0.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
If God had not given us sticky tape, it would have been necessary to
invent it.