httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "more CFLAGS needed for HP-UX with HP compiler" on HPUX
Date Tue, 03 Dec 1996 22:37:47 GMT
bdale@col.hp.com wrote:

>Submitter: bdale@col.hp.com
>Operating system: HPUX, version: 10.10
>Version of Apache Used: 1.2b1
>Extra Modules used: status
>URL exhibiting problem:
>
>Symptoms:
>--
>The 'Configure' tool knows how to determine we're on an HP-UX 10.X platform, but it does
not add the extra CFLAGS definitions that are necessary if the compiler is cc instead of,
say, gcc.

>Specifically, you need "-Aa" to enable ANSI compatibility, and "-D_HPUX_SOURCE" to get
all the include file thingies to work right.

Okay. It's a shame that HP can't do something about their stupid
compiler flags. It might be progress if they merged -Aa and -D_HPUX_SOURCE
into -DNOTHING_WILL_COMPILE_WITHOUT_THIS_FLAG   :-)

>I'm sure this isn't an issue with gcc, but if you're going to
>auto-recognize HP-UX and know that we're using 'cc', it
>would be nice if this stuff got hot-wired by Configure.

I'm not sure how easy it'll be considering that lots of people have neither
the expensive HP cc or gcc and that the cc flags I used with 9.x fail on
10.x

cheers,
rob