httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: your mail
Date Tue, 03 Dec 1996 21:28:38 GMT
Brandon Long wrote:
> On 12/3, Ben Laurie uttered the following other thing:
> > So, what do I do about this kind of thing? I can put in a test easily enough,
> > but someone still has to deal with conf.h...
> >
> > Perhaps we should go on to configure with a special "unknown" OS, invite
> > people to handle it in conf.h, and submit the patches, which we then rework
> > into a proper set?
> >
> > Or perhaps we should just modify Configure to encourage them to provide
> > appropriate patches under their own steam?
> Or, add a minimalist autconf type configure support to check for
> the easiest set of directives.  Ie, grep for sigjmp_buf in the
> appropriate header files, look for specific header files to include
> or not, the functions that can be defined or not to give hints, if not
> fully working support.

Ack! non-trivial.

I prefer some-type of message that it's not supported, but Apache runs
on a wide-variety and one must be close to yours.

I will finish the PORTING file (by Wed am, EST) which will also help.

      Jim Jagielski            |       jaguNET Access Services           |
                  "Not the Craw... the CRAW!"

View raw message