httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Tromey <tro...@creche.cygnus.com>
Subject Re: More docs fun....
Date Wed, 20 Nov 1996 16:34:18 GMT
Paul> I've considered writing an install target, anyone agree?
Paul> Desirable for 1.2 or not?

I've never understood why Apache wants to be built in its final
install directory.  It seems really weird.

Our version has an install target.  We also distribute an
"install-apache" script that sets up a default server configuration.
It does what was suggested here -- it sets up the Apache manual as the
default content.  It also creates a short "apache" script that can be
used to stop/start the server (eg "apache start" or "apache stop").

I can send the install-apache script to anybody who is interested.
Parts of it are probably particular to our environment, but it might
still be useful.

Tom
--
tromey@cygnus.com                 Member, League for Programming Freedom