httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "broken "SS" field when using status module" on BSDI (fwd)
Date Wed, 20 Nov 1996 05:06:27 GMT

Thanks for the note.  I take it you mean, when Netscape converts the HTML of
the status page to flat text, the tabular data becomes difficult to read
because there aren't spaces between the columns.  That would be difficult for
us to fix - I tried some simple add-a-space-here tricks which didn't affect the
look of the status page, but none of them ended up adding space to the
converted-to-text version unfortunately.  If you were to do

  http://www.bluemountain.com/status?notables

you'll get an output which has all the same information, but not in a table,
which may make your life easier.  Of course if Netscape really treated tables
of information like tables of information, and let you save those tables as
tab-delineated text, all would be fine.  :)

	Brian