httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: potential Apache performance problem: size of the TCP send buffer
Date Tue, 05 Nov 1996 04:47:32 GMT

I believe the OS default is fine, unless you are transferring large files
across a high-bandwidth, low-latency link.  I.e. between universities on an ATM
network.  For general Internet purposes, the default is probably fine.  The
patch submitter, johnh@isi.edu, is not on the list, so you might want to
confirm this with him, but this was at least my understanding.

	Brian