httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <>
Subject Re: patch for mod_rewrite.c to work with SSL
Date Sun, 03 Nov 1996 22:59:04 GMT
On Sun, 3 Nov 1996, Ben Laurie wrote:
> > Ralf, is this consistant with what you want?
> Come on. I don't get asked what I want, RST doesn't get to choose how we mangle
> his code. What's going on here?

The way I see it, there are a couple folks who have some level of domain over
certain areas of the code: Chuck on the proxy for example, Randy and Jason Dour
on the exec centralization and suexec incorporation, etc.  I defer to Ralf on
changes to mod_rewrite.c because he understands that code better than anyone.
In this case, for example, to "support SSL" means to support https: URL's -
maybe Ralf is working on something which allows mod_rewrite to be independent
of the protocol used or something, I don't know.  You're right, now that it's
part of the Apache distribution we *do* have the ability to modify anything in
the core; but I figured it would be best to respect that some folks are
attached to certain chunks of code.  *shrug*.

View raw message