httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: mod_pics_simple
Date Sun, 03 Nov 1996 21:50:43 GMT
On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Chuck Murcko wrote:
> The article is at
>
> http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/PICS/iacwcv2.htm
>
> What got me is the third way of distributing labels in the tour of the spec.

I think the concept of label bureaus is a Very Good Thing - let political
groups (or others) define their own view of reality, and let other folks choose
to subscribe or not to those views.  The second a government uses a third-party
label bureau as a mandatory element in content filtering and sets up shop at
inter-country routers, that's when free speech is endangered and concerned
folks should act.  But hopefully a voluntary system of third party ratings
*can* be made to work.  What other hope do we have?

Anyways, regardless, since mod_header is now committed and has all the
functionality (specifically, the ability to remove as well as add headers)
which mod_pics_simple had, I've removed mod_pics_simple from the source tree.

	Brian