httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Shuttleworth <ma...@thawte.com>
Subject Re: More Euro Key Escrow
Date Sat, 16 Nov 1996 18:59:14 GMT

> I've looked more closely at the "Royal Holloway" protocol, supposedly
> under consideration by the EC for key escrow in Europe, though I must say that
> anyone who deploys it will get what they deserve.

I've taken a personal look at this,  and it's awful.  I'd like to make a
formal submission from Thawte to the EC committee in charge.  Even better,
I'd like to muster industry support against escrow schemes in general in
the EC. If any organisations following this thread would like to join us
in that submission,  please contact me directly.

Thanks,
Mark

--
Mark Shuttleworth