httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: Putting the date into the referer log.
Date Mon, 04 Nov 1996 09:19:03 GMT
On Sun, 3 Nov 1996, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> I like this.  Generalization is almost always a good thing.  :)
> I could easily see
>
>   HeaderMatch User-Agent /^Mozilla/ netscape=yes

Ok, here is a first draft of my 'mod_setenvif'. I've called the directive
SetEnvIf rather than HeaderMatch because it is capable of much more than
just matching on headers (and it is functionally similar to a conditional
SetEnv module, although it uses BrowserMatch syntax for setting env-vars,
not SetEnv). So the example becomes

  SetEnvIf User-Agent /^Mozilla/ netscape=yes

There is a SetEnvIfNoCase to correspond with BrowserMatchNoCase. I'd
prefer to make case-ness an argument, but passing more than three gets
tricky. This module already needs an extra options argument, ITERATE3
(patch also enclosed).

> The next question is, do we need access to other types of info, such as
> remote_host?  Paul needs it for his host-based logging.  What else would really
> be needed?  Request time?

There are a few examples in the module: remote_host, remote_addr,
remote_user, request_uri and request_method. These are similar to the
envvars passed to CGI and SSI, or the names used in mod_rewrite.

Paul
UK Web Ltd