httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mark J Cox <m...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: mod_usertrack - off by default, or on?
Date Mon, 18 Nov 1996 14:37:23 GMT
Our ISP bodged our firewall on Friday and until now I've been unable to
get at any mail or send out anything since the discussion on freezing for
1.2b1.

> While it would require folks to add a directive when they upgrade to Apache
> 1.2, I would vote to change the dafault behavior of mod_usertrack such that
> it's off by default. One reason - then we could discuss having it be a part of
> the default configuration, and compiled into the binary releases.

Yes; I believe this was put in as a bug into the bug db and generally
accepted that is should default to being off.  A few-line patch to do this
was posted on the list a few weeks ago; can someone apply it?

Mark
UK Web.