httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite Docs??
Date Thu, 28 Nov 1996 07:11:44 GMT
On Wed, 27 Nov 1996, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> The third(!) time I'm wondering on this list what the fuss is about with the
> Apache Groups documentation. Why is the special Apache version of
> mod_rewrite's HTML documentation still _NOT_ included in Apache 1.2-dev. Even
> in 1.2b0 is is not included.
>
> No one said in the past that there is a problem to include it but no one
> included it. I don't understand why. Just retrieve the current mod_rewrite
> distribution and grab the file doc/apachegroup/mod_rewrite.html !!  It
> contains just the directives part of the huge original documentation.

No, no one has a problem with it... we're just generally lazy blobs
who don't like to do anything :)

I've just added it.

BTW, can someone get rid of the darn docs directory already?

And we still need a solution to the <#include>s in the docs files. I
will veto any public release (beta or otherwise) that has doc files
that are SSI, and have a .html extension, or otherwise make it
unusable out-of-the-box.

P.S. Tomorrow (Thursday) morning, I'm leaving (my parents decided to
take us camping), and will be out of contact until Friday night. Just
in case anyone wonders where I am.