httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: More docs fun....
Date Wed, 20 Nov 1996 06:59:40 GMT
On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> In fact, there's a slew of enhancements I'd like to make, but they sort of have
> to be done in a batch, so I'd like to ask to be a bottleneck for an evening so
> I can do the following:
>
>   Put per-module docs in a mod/ subdirectory
>   Put general-informational files in an info/ subdirectory
>   Fix headers and footers to include things properly
>   Fix image references
>
> I can do this tomorrow night, it should only take a few hours.  After that we
> can go crazy with writing sections and fixing typos and such.  What do folks
> think?

Sounds good. As for image references... well, we'd actually have to
include the images now, wouldn't we. That's another couple-dozen
kilobytes, for those of us keeping track...

One thing I'm concerned about is that we have hundreds of thousands of
people using Apache 1.1.[01], which says to see
http://www.apache.org/docs/1.1/ for information on that release. We
need to either symlink or Alias or Redirect that directory to
somewhere else, like http://www.apache.org/docs/, or to
new_features_1_1.html or somewhere.

And there's a question of what is a "module" file, and what is a
"general info" file. Where does keepalive.html go, for example?