httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Proxy patch to change host -> www.host.com
Date Sun, 17 Nov 1996 20:41:06 GMT
On Sun, 17 Nov 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:

> There's no real mention of HTTP/1.1 in the CHANGES file. Alexei, do you want
> to add something ?

There's no mention of a *lot* of things in src/CHANGES. I would, in
fact, maintain that the file is unnecessary between major revisions. I
proposed a month or so ago that we remove entires between these, as
they're incomplete (since we started using CVS) and generally useless
to the general public (anyone who needs to know specific source-level
changes at this point will have access to the CVS tree, or at least
the apache-cvs archive), but received no comment. In other words, I'd
like to only have src/CHANGES entries for, for example, 1.0.1, 1.0.2,
1.1.1, etc..., not for 1.0.0, 1.1.0, 1.2.0.

The root-level CHANGES file and the web page release notes (both of
which still need to be updated to 1.2 after we figure out wtf is going
on regarding docs) should be all the average user needs to know about
such a massive change.

Besides, who really wants to go through four months of CVS logs and
pull out all the changes that were made, because most of them are not
there.