httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: 1.2b plan of action
Date Sat, 16 Nov 1996 06:29:09 GMT
On Sat, 16 Nov 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:

> (I know this is incomplete. It'll be biassed towards issues I'm aware
> of until I see feedback).
>
> Plan for Release of Apache 1.2 beta
> ===================================

[...]

Looks good. I have only two nits:

1) Make it 1.2b1, not 1.2b. We should be consistent, and we quite
possibly will need several betas.

2) I am vetoing, right now, any mention of an Apache 1.3. Just get
that thought out of your head right now. After this, it's 2.0 or
bust. That was the agreement we made back in July when we decided to
do 1.2 (and remember, that was supposed to be done by the end of
August).

I'm going to try to work on the 1.2 docs today or tomorrow. Until
someone figures out something better, I'm going on the current plan:
docs/1.2/ has whats-new docs for 1.2. That's all we really need for a
beta, and it's important that we have it. We can rework the full docs
later (as I did for 1.1, just before the release of 1.1.0).

Anyone else find it ironic that we keep releasing things on my
birthday (1.1.0 was on December 1, 1995, and 1.2b1 may now be on
December 1, 1996.)