httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: proxy not sending "Via:" header..?
Date Thu, 14 Nov 1996 21:33:36 GMT
On Wed, 13 Nov 1996, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> My understanding, perhaps incorrect, was that proxy servers should send a Via:
> header when they relay a request, i.e.

Via is a HTTP/1.1 thing. Our proxy server is HTTP/1.0. There are a
whole lot of things HTTP/1.1 proxies should do that mod_proxy doesn't
do. Via is the least of them.

Oh, and you have the syntax wrong. I don't have the spec in front of
me, but it uses the hostname and HTTP version number. The product id
tag can be put into a comment, but it's not required.