httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: documentation
Date Sun, 03 Nov 1996 23:52:19 GMT
On Sun, 3 Nov 1996, Ben Laurie wrote:

> I think that the whole concept of keeping subdirectories for different versions
> is invalidated by the (correct) use of CVS. However, I haven't got time to make
> it work properly, so I'll go with this arrangement for now. Be warned that I
> intend to improve the situation (with due agreement, of course).

I disagree. Unlike source distributions, where we only want the public
to see the latest version of the code, we need to keep the old docs
versions around, for those who are still using old versions of
Apache. (I'm an Apache developer, but I actually still use 0.8.9 in
one place - I just never bothered to upgrade. Still works fine...).

Ben: are you planning on removing the apache/manual/1.[12] stuff? I
would like to do some work on the docs today, but would like a clear
place to work on this (e.g. the apache-docs module) before I do
so.