httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: documentation
Date Sat, 02 Nov 1996 18:31:20 GMT
On Sat, 2 Nov 1996, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I know that I'm too late about this, but my opinion is that the
> docs _should_ be in the CVS tree, so that they can be updated
> and modified in the same manner as the source itself. For developers
> who don't care about docs, well, it might be inconvenient since
> it uses some local disk space, but for those who _want_ to work
> on them, it makes life much simpler, and I personally think
> it's 100% worth it.

They can be. cvs co apache-docs. I simply don't see how this makes
life any more difficult. As far as CVS is concerned, they're exactly
the same thing, except that you can check them out seperately. And
that is important, IMO, so we can have people who work only on docs
(as we do), and to make it easier to, for example, update the docs
actually on the web server.