httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject documentation
Date Sat, 02 Nov 1996 04:35:48 GMT
Hmm..

I just noticed that Ben put the docs into apache/manuals. You didn't
make this clear, Ben, not at all. Otherwise I would have put a nice
veto on it. We agreed long ago that docs should not be included in the
Apache release (at least, not as such), and putting them into the same
CVS module just makes it harder on everyone else. It also makes the
apache module larger, makes the snapshots larger, and generally makes
life inconveneint for those people who don't care about docs, or who
have to download the snapshots all the time.

I had thought that Ben was going to create another module in CVS,
containing the Apache documentation, which people could check out of
they wanted. This, to me, makes sense. I am very much opposed to what
was actually done.

Thanks.