httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Documentation
Date Sat, 02 Nov 1996 04:10:55 GMT
On Fri, 1 Nov 1996, Ben Laurie wrote:

> The docs are chugging their way (rather slowly) into CVS at this moment. As I
> said, I've added a top-level directory called "manuals". There were three
> subdirectories in the original docs, "1.0", "1.1" and "1.2". I've left "1.0"
> out but committed the other two. I presume 1.0 is redundant.

No, it is very much not redundant. Nothing is. 1.0 contains the old
Apache 1.0 docs. The top-level /docs/ directory contains the Apache
1.1 docs, 1.1 contains the whats-new-in-Apache 1.1 docs, 1.2 contains
the whats-new-in-Apache 1.2 docs. When Apache 1.2 goes from beta to
final, the top-level will change to contain complete 1.2 docs, and the
existing 1.1 docs will be shunted into docs/1.1 (I don't know what
will happen with the existing docs/1.1 - I never really thought about
it at the time).

One note - the CVS messages for manuals/ should most defenitely be
sent to apache-docs instead of (or at least as well as) apache-cvs. I
see no reason for the docs-only people (well... person) on apache-docs
to have to suffer through all the source-related CVS updates simply to
get the docs-related ones.