httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: no tarball til critical bugs are fixed
Date Sun, 24 Nov 1996 19:33:57 GMT
On Sun, 24 Nov 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:
> Features:
> 	-=-=-=-=-=-=
> 	Sameer has offered a patch to do unbuffered CGI.
> 	Ben has said he supports the feature.
> 	Roy has vetoed it for 1.2

I agree with leaving it off the official 1.2 dist, and if we want putting it in
the contrib/patches directory.

> 	-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
> 	searching domains
>
> 	lots of arguments on both sides. Brian suggests putting it in
> 	http://www.apache.org/dist/contrib/patches/1.2/   ... seems like
> 	the only option now.

Yes.

> Bugs:
> 	-=-=-=-=-=-
> 	Marc Slemko:
> 	rlim_t does not exist as a type on AIX 4.1.x, so a
> 	typedef is also needed there to make it compile.
>
> 		(typedef int rlim_t) in conf.h

I have added this.

> 	-=-=-=-=--=-
> 	The logic of timeouts seems to be somewhat screwed - keepalive
> 	timeouts may be used at the wrong moments, it seems to me.  [Ben]

This should be added to a known_bugs page - I am comfortable with releasing a
1.2 beta without this being fixed, though it would be nice to fix it before
final release.

> 	-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
> 	1.2-dev still has this bug in it.  get_client_block needs to
> 	check for the -1 error case from the call to bread().
>
> 	patch offered. positive feedback so far.

This should be committed.  Roy, since you've been focusing in on this area
recently, do you want to commit it?

> 	Roy's claim of CGI schitzo behavior and improper dealing with
> 	CONTENT_LENGTH.  This is a showstopper in my opinion until more
> 	voices are heard.
>
> 	Roy has offered a patch.
> 	Ben thinks there might be something wrong with it, Roy offered
> 	a fix.
> 	+1 from Randy.
+1 from me.

	Brian