httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject docs reorg
Date Thu, 21 Nov 1996 09:21:10 GMT

Okay, I think I've got a docs hierarchy which makes sense.  There was some
flip-flopping I did once I got a feel for the content, but it should be stable
now, unless folks have contentions with the way it's set up.

/manual   - files here are concerned with the day-to-day operation
            of the server.  Most documentation here is lush, with
            examples, and is more along the lines of describing the
	    system than documenting specific directives.  Not quite
	    tutorials, but close.

/manual/mod  - documentation on the modules go here.  This documentation
	    is more complete, is exact, and somewhat dry.  It goes
	    directive-by-directive, one file per module.

/manual/misc - here we put files which are of interest to developers and
	    hardcore users, where we document interfaces (API.html,
            client_block_api.html), give performance and security tips
	    maybe a little history (nopgp.html), document bugs and FAQ's, etc.

I'm now going to go fix the image references (actually, by tearing them out and
replacing with SSI headers & footers) and then do as much link surgury as I can
before I poop out.

	Brian