httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@osf.org>
Subject Re: location of httpd.h (Was: logging before exit) (fwd)
Date Wed, 13 Nov 1996 18:45:26 GMT
On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> No way -- httpd.h is an internal configuration file which is specific
> to a particular server source tree (remember, there may be more than one
> on a machine).  It doesn't belong outside the apache tree.

True, good point.

> Why don't
> they just setup a modules/mod_perl/* directory and then refer to it
> as ../../httpd.h (or, better, just as httpd.h and let make set up
> the -I options).

This is exactly what mod_perl does now.  But, there are two sides of the build, the
apache part (httpd + libmodperl.a) and the perl part, several modules built and
installed by Perl's MakeMaker, one of which is Apache::Constants who needs httpd.h.
Rob wants to build the httpd binary once, then install the perl side on other machines
without taking the apache source tree along too.
We'll come up with another solution...

-Doug