httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject weird crash
Date Sat, 30 Nov 1996 08:09:37 GMT
I've been noticing something weird about running my test server.
If the server is running in the background when I re-make the
executable, the parent server just dies.  There is nothing in the
error_log, and no core file is present.  All the children die on the
next request to the server.

   % uname -a
   SunOS kiwi.ics.uci.edu 5.5 Generic sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-4

I have seen this happen about five times, though I was only able to
reproduce it just now.  I never saw it prior to 1.2-dev. Anyone have
any idea why the running server would be dependent on the executable file?

.....Roy