httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: no tarball til critical bugs are fixed
Date Mon, 25 Nov 1996 11:31:45 GMT
> 	-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> 	1.2-dev still has this bug in it.  get_client_block needs to
> 	check for the -1 error case from the call to bread().
>
> 	patch offered. positive feedback so far.

now fixed.

> 	-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
>
> 	Roy's claim of CGI schitzo behavior and improper dealing with
> 	CONTENT_LENGTH.  This is a showstopper in my opinion until more
> 	voices are heard. ...

now fixed.

> Showstoppers (perhaps):
>
> 	?  get_client_block needs to check for the -1  (sounds nasty)
>
> 	CGI dealing & CONTENT_LENGTH

Both are now fixed, so I don't have any more reservations about creating
a tarball.  In fact, I think the current 1.2-dev is considerably more
robust than 1.1.1, barring conflicts with externally-developed modules.
Let's tarball it and get cracking on the documentation.

Ben, +1 on adding the simple fix to internal_redirect -- it is worth a try.

....Roy