httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: what to do about CGI and chunked
Date Mon, 25 Nov 1996 10:04:22 GMT
I checked and can't do anything about the buffer size problem
without throwing out the whole notion of a module-supplied buffer.
The buffer needs to be large enough to hold the chunk-size line
or the routine fails.

So, I am going to set it so that fastcgi requires Content-Length
and so that the routine returns an error if it is given an inadequate
buffer for chunked encoding (this has no effect on the existing modules,
since they don't read chunked anyway, and will work perfectly well for
any module that supplies a full buffer).  That way we can commit the
bugfixes and work out a better solution during the beta phase.

....Roy