httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ed Korthof" ...@organic.com>
Subject Re: what to do about CGI and chunked
Date Thu, 21 Nov 1996 00:19:09 GMT
Well, if it's still relevant -- don't know about the time line for 1.2b1, but
I'd vote +1 for a).  It's probably true that no sane client would chunk
x-www-url-encoded input, but considering some of the companies making browsers,
I'd want to be safe.  Also, if CGI/1.1 has significantly different
functionality -- ie. a different interface -- I'd like a clear distinction
between it and CGI/1.0.

On the other hand, I think this would imply a fair amount of extra work... I'd
offer to do it for 1.2, but I don't know how busy I'll be.

Ed