httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ed Korthof" ...@organic.com>
Subject Re: searching domains
Date Wed, 20 Nov 1996 02:48:18 GMT
On Nov 19,  6:27pm, sameer wrote:
> 	I agree with that principle as well. If the proxy admin wants
> to search .com, .edu, etc. they can add a "search" line to the
> resolv.conf file so that the resolver for the proxy searches .com,
> .edu, etc.
>-- End of excerpt from sameer

Well, actually that might be worse than the module, though it sounded good at
first.  If I understand search paths correctly, that would search each of those
first, no?  In any case, it would apply the 'fix' to all DNS requests on that
server -- not necessarily a good thing (unless the server's only function is as
a webserver).

Ed Korthof
ed@organic.com