httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: location of httpd.h (Was: logging before exit) (fwd)
Date Wed, 13 Nov 1996 00:11:31 GMT
>>> I'd suggest both parties follow the tradition. Apache should have a
>>> 'make install' that installs both binary and header file, and modperl
>>> should not insist on seeing the apache source but should ask for the
>>> installed header file. (And search for it in /usr/local/include etc.)

No way -- httpd.h is an internal configuration file which is specific
to a particular server source tree (remember, there may be more than one
on a machine).  It doesn't belong outside the apache tree.  Why don't
they just setup a modules/mod_perl/* directory and then refer to it
as ../../httpd.h (or, better, just as httpd.h and let make set up
the -I options).

.....Roy