httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: two discrepancies:
Date Mon, 11 Nov 1996 20:49:41 GMT
>> The module name really should be put into the module structure itself.
>> As it is, modules loaded via mod_dld cannot have an associated name.
>> I believe this breaks mod_info, at least.
>
> Yes, it would break mod_info.  Not a big deal to fix though.  I'll get to it
> as soon as I see Roy's patches go through.  (perhaps they have already)

I haven't done them yet, since I wanted to check about it breaking
something first.  The only thing I can think of is that people already
using IfModule will have to change their config file, since the module
name will be the file name and not the mod_info type of name.  That is,
unless we want to add the mod_info type of name to the module structure,
which seems a waste to me.

I'll work on the changes tonight, so any advice before then would be
appreciated.

.....Roy