httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <>
Subject Re: mod_cgissi
Date Sun, 03 Nov 1996 21:50:47 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> So, our engineers here are screaming for a way to do SSI parsing on CGI output.
> They're not happy with the answer that Apache 2.0 will probably be able to do
> that; and they're happy to have a special-cased module which does this apart
> from mod_cgi and mod_include.  So, module-gurus out there: is there any reason
> why this should be incredibly difficult to do?  Any pointers or tips?

Seems to me that all the machinery to do this is there. All that is needed is
a fairly straightforward merging of mod_cgi and mod_ssi. Give me bucks and I'll
do it for you ;-)

Ben Laurie                Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435  Email:
Technical Director        URL:
A.L. Digital Ltd,         Apache Group member (